Thursday, February 17, 2011

This is how I once felt, but I gave up dating artists... I still believe in art and it's timelessness.

"At 21, I carried with me into the West End Bar a long list of things I would never do: I would never wear pearls or make casseroles. I would never go to a country-club dance, although I did like the paper lanterns casting rainbow colors on the terrace. I would never go near a man who had a portfolio or a set of golf clubs or a business or even a business suit. I would love only a wild thing. I didn't care if wild things tended to break hearts. I didn't care if they substituted scotch for breakfast cereal. I understood that art was long and life was short." -excerpt from "Art and Madness: A memoir of Love Without Reason" by Anne Roiphe in March 2011 ELLE

No comments:

Post a Comment