Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 08- Your vocation (why are you here on earth)

Love. For a while I conversed with friends about their life’s theme. I inquired, “If you could give your life a theme, in one word, what would it be? What would be the word that keeps you moving forward?” Most responded with words like success, failure or progress. In asking this very personal inquiry, I was able to learn more about their inner most fears, conversations with self and desires. I asked this question because after reading my previous journals, all filled with poems and moments since 2002, I realized that my theme is “LOVE”. Love for God, Love of self, Love for life, Love for family, Love for enemies, Love for friends and then of course Love in the most intimate sense of the word. I'm not sure where that theme will take me, but I'm enjoying the ride. There's more there, I believe, just waiting for God to show me the intricacies of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment