Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 09- Someone you met randomly that's made an impact on your life

I mentioned her in another post, but the minister I worked with while at the Texans was the most random and yet helpful encounter. She was funny, non-judging and very insightful. By the time the season was over, she knew so much about me and always gave me the best advice regarding my father (which inevitably applied to everyone). She told me that as a society we grope, complain and moan about the way people treat us (don't treat us) or love us (don't love us), without considering subject positioning. One can not expect someone to respond a certain way when they were not taught to respond that way.

Since my encounter with her, I've grown to become this person that lets people go through their process, the only thing I generally ask for is honesty. If this is who you are and how you operate, I respect your process; just be honest about it. Not sure how, but being this way has made many situations less stressful and my biological Dad and I are much closer. I think I'll try to find my old cellphone and give this minister a call. **scribbles on to-do list**

No comments:

Post a Comment