Friday, February 4, 2011

28 Days of Truth- Day 4 (A habit that you wish you didn’t have)


This is so funny! I ironically just read a tweet from Ms. Badu, see above, and thought about my habit of being impatient. I've always been the child that would never sit down, never shut up and continuously wanted to be in two places at the same time. I can't begin to tell you how many times I've said, "If only I had an identical twin! I wouldn't have this problem!" My mother fondly says, "You're like the new born bird in the nest that's always trying to fly without it's wings! Wait for the wings Nina!"

Just like the patient individuals, I've seen things come and go because of my ways. I've seen things come because I jumped on the ball and I have also seen things slide through my fingers because I tried too hard or jumped too soon. Like a friend told me, "If people don't know or understand you, they may think your forward personality is too much. But rest assured that anything meant to be will stick!"

It's a beautiful thing to know your worth. While there have been plenty of times I thought I should have just sat down and chilled, I still value my energetic and forward personality. Double-edged sword-ish right? lol

No comments:

Post a Comment