Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 17- Someone you would want to switch lives with for one day and why


I believe everyone's journey was laid and paved for them before they were conceived, it's just up to us to be willing to take on the armor and often times tenacious, undefeated, spirit to walk it. With that being said, I wouldn't want to switch lives with an actual person. I love my life and I love my journey. I would, however, switch lives with this "figurative" person. She's a God fearing mother, wife and community leader. And although she enjoys shopping, her worth isn't and never was determined by material gain, but instead by her ability to give back. She loves to laugh, cook, thrift shop, sew, garden, discover new things, travel, paint and dance. She supports her children and husband in all things, with the deep understanding that prayer changes EVERYTHING. She is a woman of virtue, but not necessarily perfect-- who's spirit shines and tells a glorious story. A story filled with scars, attitudes, annoyances, mending, healing, growing, loving, joys, pains, climbing, building, pulling, pushing, kneeling (TONS OF PRAYING), hugs, jungle gyms, Parent Teacher Conferences, protests, town hall meetings, volunteering, family videos, pictures, loyalty, truths, courage, leaps, fulfilled dreams, peace, consciousness, righteousness, kisses, letters, , lies (helped her grow), LOVE (kept her stable/sane), emails, texts, comfy sweaters, colorful scarves, thrift clutches/jewelry, bbms, great sex (yea I said it), music (loads and loads of it), a book collection that's out of this world, toooooonns of vinyl, concerts, picnics, late nights slow dancing in a warm room with her husband, late night fun dancing in the kitchen with her children, tutoring, fun, silliness, traveling, a successful career, a small business, a few luxurious things and oppositely tattered flip flops and old Ts.

This woman is the woman my current me is reaching out to be...plus more. Wish me the best on this journey! I see her more and more everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment