Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 10- Songs you listen to when you are Happy, Sad, Bored, Hyped, Mad

This is a hard one! What I listen to when I am Happy, Sad, Bored, Hyped, or Mad depends on what evoked those emotions. Am I happy because I just left church (joyful)? That would be Fred Hammond or almost any gospel song. If I am happy because I'm feeling "butterflies" =) then I might listen to Alicia Keys "wait til you see my smile", some Stevie Wonder, Teedra Moses or Phyllis Hyman. If I am happy because I'm with my family, then Prince, Chaka Khan, or Marvin Gaye (got to give it up). If I am feeling myself in all of my womanhood, then it'll be Chaka Khan, Jill Scott Teedra Moses or E. Badu... maybe even Prince again. Happiness is a very subjective word to me lol.

If I am Sad I will listen to gospel (Fred Hammond gets the job done) or Billie Holiday if I want to wallow in my sadness, but that's rare! Bored, ohhhhhh eeeeeeh, this is a rarity! I dont have time to be bored. After being an only child for so long, I've figured out ways to occupy my time. Hyped! Well, if I'm going to the club, then I must embarassingly admit that I will listen to any of the artists out now (Nikki Minaj, Beyonce, Weezy F. Baby, Wiz Khalif, etc.) But if I'm preparing for an interview, I might throw in Jay-Z, Lupe or Kanye to fix my ambiance. If It's summer and I'm just out and about, I might do Mos Def, Bob Marley, old house music, MGMT, J*Davey or any other random thing that will make me "feel good". Mad is a rarity as well, so I wont even answer that.

Keep in mind that these are things I purposely go to, but I'm always open to listen to anything in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment