Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I'm so sorry! 28 days of truths

As if 28 days are a lot to handle. The way I've neglected this blog, one might be lead to believe I don't care. Quite the contrary, my birthday weekend just passed so that kept me BUSY! Also, I've been developing some things and they will more than likely lead to a few muses. I won't discuss those things yet, I'll hold them near & dear until they've been nurtured appropriately enough to be unveiled. So, let's get started with the days I've missed, this will be brief.

Day 12- Something about which people seem to compliment you.

With the utmost humility, I'll boldly venture to say I'm always complimented on my kind heart. I did not say PERFECT heart, she's still growing and being molded by the Most High, but I try to just be a sweetheart. I remember going to a Jill Scott concert a few years back and feeling her beautiful and comforting ambiance vibrate throughout the building. I decided then, "THAT is the vibe I want to give! THIS is how I want people to feel after their encounter with me!" I can't promise that my heart shows all the time, I can be a complete b*tch (especially when crossed). But I try.

Day 13- A letter to someone who has hurt you recently

I don't like liars. I don't like cowards either, generally cowards are liars because they fear something so much that they'll lie to prevent that SOMETHING. I won't dare say that I wish I never met you, but I do wish you were honest about your positioning. Much of that small debacle could have easily been avoided and we probably could have been the best of friends. Forgiven, but not forgotten. I can't promise that this beautiful heart of mine will shine through the minor disdain if we were to ever speak again-- Jaded. I must admit, I learned a valuable lesson. But who knows, karma is patient, she probably waited for me to be vulnerable before pouncing. You apologized, but often times "sorry" is just that... "sorry" and nothing deeper. Everything was vague, but I think you knew the ending from day one. This is where the disdain arises, I was not given the CHOICE to move forward for that small amount of time or run because you were not honest. But who am I kidding, L.Hill said it best, "Everyday people, they lie to God too. So what makes you think that they won't lie to you?" Furthermore, people lie to themselves ALL THE TIME! I was caught up in your personal lie, personal quest to run from what you knew to be true and possibly hoped I would be an answer in the opposite direction. I wish you well. Live in Truth. Not necessarily for your sake, but for the sake of those around you.

BLESSINGS!

Day 14- Something you're looking forward to this year

Remember those muses and projects I said I was working on? Good old 27 came bearing gifts of blessings, continued friendships, life and mayyyyybeeee LOVE! umhmmmmm that's the word I used. It's "like" right now, but I must admit that I've never experienced this type of balance before. It's always pushing, pulling, back breaking lifting and knee bruising kneeling. Today, I walk upright and with a cool lil' pep in my step. Nothing redundant; all things new. Well that's a lie because this "like" is a blast from the past (SHOUT OUT TO SUMMER OF 2003 lol)! ! This year is a blossoming year. As a person that has her green thumb tucked away in a back pocket, I know that's what everyone looks forward to. BLOOMING & REAPING =) Sow on sister...Sow on!

Day 15- Put your iPod on shuffle: First 10 songs that play

I don't have it with me! I'll revisit this tomorrow.


Day 16- Views on religion or politics

First and foremost, Jesus is my Lord and Savior! Anything after that can be summed up in one of my favorite quotes.

"People need to see that, far from being an obstacle, the world's diversity of languages and religions and traditions is a great treasure, affording us precious opportunities to recognize ourselves in others."
- Youssou N'dour

No comments:

Post a Comment