Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry CHRISTmas!!!

Not much to say beyond the obvious! I'm beyond thankful for my blessings and for the greatest gift of all; SALVATION! As my family continues to embrace this winter wonderland, my mother retreats to the basement where I am, to tell me my cousin is coming over. She has tears in her eyes, and without her saying a word, I know what she's thinking.

Me: Teresa?
Mom: Yes, I just didn't want Chris to see me cry.
Me: It's ok, I've cried all week. I understand.
Mom: **silent nod**
(we laugh about a few other things before she heads back upstairs)

Today is bitter-sweet. We are mourning the loss of my cousin, almost 6 months exactly from today, but welcoming the closeness it's forced upon us all. I ask of anyone reading this, that you pick up the phone and call the one person that crossed your mind, but you have yet to contact. Don't wait... time is of the essence, and the essence is now!

With that being said, I am blessed! I have friends and family that I wouldn't dare trade for anything in this world! My journey is not always what I want, but it's always what I need! God has NEVER failed me, even when at THAT moment I felt he did, it was all for my good and inevitably for HIS Kingdom! If you are a friend, know that I am thankful for you! If you are family, know that I am thankful for you! lol and if we only cross paths occasionally, know that I am thankful for you too! I am you, and you are me! **Insert insanely large grin**

Peace, and blessings!

Nina B.

No comments:

Post a Comment