Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I'm A Star

Gotta respect Ms. Chrisette Michele for doing what us natural hair folks call the BC (big chop). Takes a lot of courage, but speaking from experience it's refreshing and invigorating to love yourself without that mess society generally rules as a "mark of beauty" (long hair). I'm sad she didn't rock it more in the video, but I absolutely love the turban and her gray ant status sunglasses!

Anyway... her video for "I'm A Star" has been on repeat for me today and the lyrics are cute. I'm sure Ne-yo wrote it, sounds like his speed.

"I've seen it, done it, ran it, run it
Been to the bottom then i came back from it
That'll be the pain in the pit of my stomach
Dont regret a thing just keep it 100
I been the drama and the bad news
I been the struggle and the damn blues
Shed tears over silliness.
I seen a lot but know what
Its as real as it really gets..."



In the mean while, I'm LATE and checking out her mixtape with Lem Payne "Love Thy Brother" and so far so good, we shall see.




Peace...

Nina B.

No comments:

Post a Comment