Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Expiration date?


A friend of mine recently posted about Marriage having an expiration date. He asked, AFTER our gchat conversation on the topic, if he could include it in the post. Had I known that was an option, I would have said something more prolific! ha!

It's a great post, probably what most free-spirited, "CAN'T HOLD ME BACK", people in our age range are thinking...Right?!?!

ATTTTTanyRATE...My comment in response to his post was: "LOL!!!! I'm so half-hearted about agreeing with an expiration date! In my selfishness I'm like "HELL YEA!!"; but I'm like... if we know there's that date where we can part ways and never look back, we won't do all we can to make the other person happy. That's the point right? Marriage is somewhat of a human attempt at AGAPE (unconditional/never ending) love-- to express it and receive it on a human level with someone other than our mother. Cause we know Mom Duke ain't goin' no where."

But check it out yourself cause I know this is a topic WE ALL discuss! I give you... Evening Epiphanies

No comments:

Post a Comment