Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Be Gentle

Francis de Sales

Don't lose any opportunity, however small, of being gentle toward everyone. Don't rely on your own efforts to succeed in your various undertakings, but only God's help. Then rest in God's care of you, confident that God will do what is best for you, provided that you, for your part, work diligently but gently.

I say 'gently' because a tense diligence is harmful both to our heart and to our task and is not really diligence, but rather over eagerness and anxiety.... I recommend you to God's mercy. I beg God, through that same mercy, to fill you with God's love.

Source: Unknown but I pulled it from inward/outward.

**I have to work on being more gentle in my diligence. Being pushy often cancels out the sweetheart in me lol**

No comments:

Post a Comment